This is the new recipes section for Stones River Market.
Recipes are being added on a regular basis. If you find a particularly good recipe, comments are appreciated.
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Cajun Eggplant Casserole
Source: Kathy Ferris (Entered by Kathleen Ferris)
This is similar to the way I ate eggplant as a child in Louisiana. I have modified it to use roasted eggplant, which is so quick and easy to cook. You can change the proportions to make the amount you want.
Serves: about 6
Step by Step Instructions
- Scoop out flesh of eggplant and chop coarsely. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet and saute onion and peppers until soft.
- Add eggplant and stir well to keep from sticking. Saute a few minutes and then add condensed soup, 1/4 cup water, salt and pepper. Mix well and remove from heat. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Add just enough bread crumbs to form soft mixture. Butter a casserole, add mixture, then top with extra crumbs. Bake at 325 degrees until lightly browned and heated through.
- I you should wish for a meat dish, you could add browned ground beef in step 3. My family likes it either way.
Comments added by fellow market members.