This is the new recipes section for Stones River Market.
Recipes are being added on a regular basis. If you find a particularly good recipe, comments are appreciated.
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Bacon, Chard and Fontina Quiche
Source: Daily News Journal - Alison Ladman (AP) (Entered by John Erdmann)
The Daily News Journal posted this recipe on March 9.
Serves: Serves 8
Step by Step Instructions
- Heat the oven to 400ºF.
- Line a deep-dish pie plate or a quiche pan with the pie crust, crimping or trimming the edge.
- Place the pan on a baking sheet, then set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high, cook the bacon until crispy, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the Swiss chard and continue to cook until the chard is tender, about another 7 to 8 minutes. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to drain any excess liquid.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Add the cheese to the chard and bacon, then transfer the mixture to the prepared pie crust. Pour the egg mixture into the crust and gently stir to eliminate any large clumps or air bubbles. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325ºF, then bake until the center is set, about another 40 minutes. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before slicing. Enjoy warm or cool. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Comments added by fellow market members.