This is the new recipes section for Stones River Market.
Recipes are being added on a regular basis. If you find a particularly good recipe, comments are appreciated.
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Arugula, Tomato & Peppery Sauce
Source: From Spaghetti Sauces; authentic Italian recipes from Biba Caggiano (Entered by John Erdmann)
This recipe is shared with us from Kathleen Tyree.
Serves: Serves 4 - 6
Step by Step Instructions
- Put water on to heat for pasta.
- Place arugula in the bowl of a food processor, add 2tbls olive oil, process until smooth, set aside
- Heat remaining oil in a medium saucepan, med. heat. Add garlic, stir until just beginning to turn golden. Add tomatoes.
- Season with salt and red pepper flakes, simmer over low heat stirring from time to time, until sauce has med-thick consistency (10-12 min).
- Meanwhile cook spaghetti in boiling salted water according to package.
- Stir pureed arugula into sauce. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Drain pasta, place in a large, warm serving bowl. Add sauce and half of the cheese, mix until all are well combined.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
- Serve immediately with a big salad, crusty bread.
Comments added by fellow market members.