This is the new recipes section for Stones River Market.
Recipes are being added on a regular basis. If you find a particularly good recipe, comments are appreciated.
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Poached Eggs Over Sautéed Greens
Source: the world's healthies foods (http://www.whfoods.com) (Entered by John Erdmann)
Enjoy vegetables for breakfast! In many parts of the world vegetables are a regular part of a healthy breakfast.
Serves: Serves 4
Step by Step Instructions
- Slice leeks and garlic and let sit for at least 5 minutes
- Bring water and vinegar to a fast simmer in a skillet large enough to fit eggs. Make sure there is enough water to cover eggs.
- While water is coming to a simmer, heat 3 TBS broth in a separate stainless steel 10-12 inch skillet. Sauté sliced leeks in broth over medium heat for about 3 minutes. Add garlic slices and continue to sauté, stirring constantly for another minute.
- Add kale, broth, and lemon juice, and simmer covered on medium low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When done season with salt and pepper.
- Poach eggs until desired doneness. This will take about 5 minutes, or just until the white is set and the yolk has filmed over. Remove from vinegar water with a slotted spoon and place on top of greens.
Comments added by fellow market members.