This is the new recipes section for Stones River Market.
Recipes are being added on a regular basis. If you find a particularly good recipe, comments are appreciated.
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Healthy Breakfast Frittata
Source: the world's healthies foods (http://www.whfoods.com) (Entered by John Erdmann)
Enjoy this tasty frittata recipe any time of the day. Serve with a large salad for a complete dinner meal.
Serves: Serves 2
Step by Step Instructions
- Mince onion and chop garlic let them sit for 5 minutes
- Preheat broiler on low.
- Heat 1 TBS broth in a 9-10 inch stainless steel skillet. Sauté onion over medium heat, for about 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add garlic, ground turkey, and cook for another 3 minutes on medium heat, breaking up clumps.
- Add kale and 2 TBS broth. Reduce heat to low and continue to cook covered for about 5 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and mix.
- Beat eggs, season with a pinch of salt and pepper, and pour on top of mixture evenly. Cook on low for another 2 minutes without stirring.
- Place skillet under broiler in middle of oven, about 7 inches from the heat source so it has time to cook without the top burning. As soon as the eggs are firm, it is done, about 2-3 minutes.
Comments added by fellow market members.