This is the new recipes section for Stones River Market.
Recipes are being added on a regular basis. If you find a particularly good recipe, comments are appreciated.
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Linguine in Cream Sauce with Poached Eggs and Bacon
Source: Anncoo Journal through Foodbuzz (http://www.foodbuzz.com/) (Entered by John Erdmann)
Here is another recipe from Pinterest.com where local products can be used.
Serves: Serves 2
Step by Step Instructions
- Cut each strip of bacon into halves. Peel and chop onion.
- Cook the linguine in lightly salted water with a touch of oil according to the instruction on the package. Drain and set aside.
- Poach eggs in water ~ Boil about 1 litre of water add 1/2 tsp of white vinegar and stir well with a spoon. Put the eggs in and cover the lid. Do not stir right away. Let it sit for about 4 minutes and gently scoop it out with a ladle.
- Fry the bacon until crispy. Drain and set aside. Stir fry the onion in the same pan. Add Cream and milk and let it simmer for a while then add salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Toss the linguine into the sauce and serve.
- Top with bacon and poached egg.
Comments added by fellow market members.