This is the new recipes section for Stones River Market.
Recipes are being added on a regular basis. If you find a particularly good recipe, comments are appreciated.
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Spinach Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing
Source: The Pioneer Woman (http://thepioneerwoman.com) (Entered by John Erdmann)
A customer sent me this recipe and recommended that the hot bacon dressing will also work with the lettuces we have on the Market
Serves: Serves six
Step by Step Instructions
- Cook eggs: cover with water, bring to a boil, then turn off heat and allow to sit in water for 20 minutes. Drain off water and add ice on top of eggs.
- Fry bacon until crispy/chewy. Remove to a paper towel.
- Remove 3 tablespoons grease and set aside.
- Add 2 add'l tablespoons of grease to a separate skillet over medium heat.
- Slice red onions very thinly, then add to skillet. Cook slowly until onions are caramelized and reduced. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Slice mushrooms and add them to the same skillet. Cook slowly until caramelized and brown. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Chop bacon.
- Peel and slice eggs.
- Make hot bacon dressing: Add 3 tablespoons bacon grease, vinegar, sugar, and Dijon to a small saucepan or skillet over medium-low heat. Whisk mixture together and heat thoroughly.
- Add spinach or lettuce to a large bowl. Arrange onions, mushrooms, and bacon on top. Pour hot dressing over the top; toss to combine. Arrange eggs over the top and serve.
Comments added by fellow market members.