This is the new recipes section for Stones River Market.
Recipes are being added on a regular basis. If you find a particularly good recipe, comments are appreciated.
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Green Chile Rice Casserole
Source: Maura White - Double Bar Star Farm (Entered by John Erdmann)
This recipe came from Maura White when purchasing their roasted New Mexican chiles.
Serves: Serves four
Step by Step Instructions
- Cook rice according to package directions. Mix chopped onion and green chiles with sour cream.
- Spread some fo the rice in a buttered casserole dish, salt and pepper, if desired.
- Spread a layer of sour cream mixture, then a layer of Monterrey Jack cheese (grated or sliced) and repeat process ending with sour cream mixture on top.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese and a few chopped green onions on top.
- Heat in microwave or bake until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with picante sauce.
Comments added by fellow market members.