This is the new recipes section for Stones River Market.
Recipes are being added on a regular basis. If you find a particularly good recipe, comments are appreciated.
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Grilled Packet Potatoes
Source: Yummly and The Kitchn (http://www.yummly.com/recipe/external/Grilled-Packet-Potatoes-600745) (Entered by John Erdmann)
Showcasing the potatoes on the Market, this recipe comes from Yummly and The Kitchn.
Serves: Serves 4
Step by Step Instructions
- Prepare a grill until medium-hot.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper.
- Bring a pot of water large enough to accommodate the potatoes to a boil. Cook the potatoes until they give a little when pierced with a knife, 5 to 7 minutes. Place a spoonful of the water in the mixing bowl with the other ingredients and whisk vigorously to combine. The hot water should help break up the honey.
- Drain the potatoes and toss them to coat with the honey mixture.
- Prepare four 12-inch squares of foil. Divide the potatoes between the squares and top with the garlic scapes, scallions or garlic cloves. Close the packets, sealing the tops to form a package.
- When the fire is ready, place the foil packets on the grill and cook for about 10 minutes, turning and shaking every few minutes. You'll need long metal tongs or fire gloves. Test a potato off the grill by carefully opening the packet and piercing one piece with the tip of a pairing knife. It should be tender but not too soft.
- Finish with a pinch of chopped parsley and serve.
Comments added by fellow market members.