This is the new recipes section for Stones River Market.
Recipes are being added on a regular basis. If you find a particularly good recipe, comments are appreciated.
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Sunny Eggs with Asian Greens
Source: Yummly and Clean Eating (http://www.yummly.com/recipe/external/Sunny-Eggs-with-Asian-Greens-490156) (Entered by John Erdmann)
Asian greens have appeared on the Market but this can be made with other greens as well. We almost always have eggs.
Serves: Serves 2
Step by Step Instructions
- In a nonstick wok or large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tsp coconut oil on medium-high. Add garlic, greens and ginger and sauté, stirring constantly, until garlic and ginger are fragrant and greens are wilted. Remove from heat and divide among serving bowls. Drizzle with tamari and sesame oil, dividing evenly.
- Return wok to medium-high heat and add remaining 1/2 tsp coconut oil. Crack eggs into a small bowl and gently slide eggs into wok. Cook until bottoms are golden brown and whites are just firm and opaque throughout and yolks are runny.
- With a spatula, gently slide eggs over top of greens, dividing evenly. If desired, top with Sriracha and pepper, to taste.
- (TIP: Try any of these in any combination: dandelion greens, spinach, kale, collard greens, bok choy, Swiss chard and arugula.)
- (TIP: If you have 1 to 2 cups leftover whole grains or pasta on hand, feel free to heat them up and toss them into your bowls before you add the greens for an extra hearty treat!)
Comments added by fellow market members.