This is the new recipes section for Stones River Market.
Recipes are being added on a regular basis. If you find a particularly good recipe, comments are appreciated.
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oatmeal
Source: Yummly and Real Mom Kitchen (http://www.yummly.com/recipe/external/Apple-cinnamon-overnight-oatmeal-369527) (Entered by John Erdmann)
With the upcoming cold weather, I found this recipe on Yummly to add to the weekly newsletter.
Serves: Serves 6 - 8
Step by Step Instructions
- Spray the insert of your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray or use a slow cooker liner.
- Add the diced apple, milk, water, apple juice, oats, maple syrup, butter, salt, vanilla to your slow cooker and stir until well combined. Then mix in 2 Tbsp of the brown sugar along with 1 tsp of the cinnamon.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- In the morning, add the remaining 2 Tbsp brown sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon and stir the oatmeal. It will thicken more after you give it a stir.
- Unplug the slow cooker and let sit for 5 minutes. Your oatmeal is now ready to serve. Top with any additional desired toppings.
- Notes Leftovers can be placed in containers and put in the refrigerator. To reheat, just add a little milk to 1 cup of the oatmeal. Microwave for 30 seconds. Give it a stir and microwave for another 30 seconds or until heated through.
Comments added by fellow market members.